HARDCORE HUNTING AND REC LAND
Hardcore hunting and rec land situated in Winston County Mississippi between Starkville and Philadelphia, along a network of wetland corridors all coming together to form the Pearl River. It’s 18 miles south of Noxubee National Wildlife Refuge, which features a massive wetland ecosystem including 7 reservoirs and 2 major lakes.
- Large blocks of undeveloped land and diverse habitat support healthy populations of waterfowl, deer, turkey, and small game.
- 2,700 ft on Nanih Waiya Creek, 13 acre Natural Lake, Waterholes, Wetland.
- About an acre of flood-able ground designed for easy hunting and a maximum water depth of 24 inches. Plus, it’s much easier to use your waders here than in other parts of the swamp.
- Japanese Millet, and rice have been planted and are starting to sprout. They will have mature seed heads by November, just in time for duck season!
- Naturally occurring smart weed provides a consistent food source for waterfowl.
- No walking required on this one. Drive directly to the shooting house, lake, and waterholes via internal road.
- Gated, deeded easement from Harmony Baptist Church Road to the northwest corner provides a secondary route to the lake without spooking waterfowl. Consider stashing a floating blind here.
- Terrain is level with eighty-two acres dry ground more or less. Balance of the acreage is mostly wetland.
- Legal access and direct access via paved state highway frontage on MS-490.
- Accessible timber was removed in 2015. Select hardwoods remain.
- No covenants or restrictions.
- Power, water, and telephone available along MS-490.
- Not in city limits.
- Download Map Pack.
- Adjacent land for sale Mature Buck City.
- Checkout the other property video on YouTube.